Applications are now open! Please submit your entry below.
Who can apply
In order to participate, startups need to meet the following criteria:
- Exists no longer than 5 years
- Be proficient in the English language
- Have a scalable and innovative business idea or model
- Idea / concept: idea clearly explained
- Pitching skills: persuasive and capturing presenting of idea
- Innovation: breakthrough in idea, business model, or design
- Scalability: does this business idea have a market potential globally or regionally. What is the capability of creating job positions
- Health: a healthy process for production or consumption
- Design: innovative in design
- Friday, January 13th, 2017: Startup applications close
- January 20th, 2017: International finalists announced
- March 15th, 2017: Global Championships in Johannesburg, South Africa
- National deadlines might differ from the International Deadline mentioned above. All applicants are requested to check with their National Host regarding their National Competition Deadlines. If your country requires VISA arrangements, contact your host listed here.
- If your host is not listed, please contact us. Please keep in mind some countries may require up to two months for VISA arrangements.
The winner will have the opportunity to be awarded as the best agro innovator of the year and will receive ample media attention. Additional resources to help increase clientele basis of the winning startup will be announced soon! Stay tuned!